Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Monday 19 December 2011

No Snow Influence!

When you know Dunnottar Castle you'll know that it sometimes emerges from the mist like this on the warmest days or dullest days. It doesn't need snow to give it a magical feel because the ruin itself and the ever-changing coastal conditions make it an enchanted castle any time.

I'm not sure if this painting is finished but I want it to be slight and simple, light of touch but effective. Seeing it on my blog will help me decide and perhaps your comments will help me decide too, whether it needs more work. Sleeping on it (not literally!) will help, of course. What I don't want to do is overwork it so I'm exercising restraint and must do something else to take my mind off it.

Welcome to my new follower; and if this happens to be my last post before Christmas - Happy Christmas to all!

x x x


Posted by Picasa

No comments: