Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Sunday 30 January 2011

Three in Progress

I've been working on three new paintings this week. Well more than that if you include the several drawings and paintings I attempted at our Life Drawing session on Tuesday.

Each of the pieces has been troublesome, I don't know why. I suppose I expected them to be easy and arty and to flow off the brush! It must've been my frame of mind - dissatisfied with myself.

I've taken photos of the 'work in progress' as I often do, to help me think about them; but I'll only show you one of them here because it's the only one that excites me.

And that's the key. I have to be excited about a piece to feel as if it's worth finishing and showing.

Seated Woman (Unfinished)

No comments: