Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Friday 11 February 2011

Something's Cooking

Why else would I be using a colander and food bags in my studio?



To select fine sawdust from the coarse stuff, that's why; and then to sprinkle it over the canvas to create a fabulously rough texture base to paint on.

Watch this space. It's further ahead than this now but it's killing me to have to wait for the next layer to dry!


2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I'm impatiently waiting. ;) Is it dry yet? What does it look like now? How did the paint go on?

Unknown said...

Ah! With difficulty... the undercoat took ages to dry and now I've done some underpainting (with a brush and oils - lovely) which was also difficult and is also taking ages to dry! Another photo soon!