Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Plans

I'm a bit shocked to realise my last post here was 22nd December as it feels like only a few days ago... I have moved on, somewhat, of course, painted more (might show you soon) and have a few plans for the year beginning to take form in my head. As an artist I have always needed to have something creative 'frying in the pan' so to speak, even when the artistry was more of the writerly kind; and dates, deadlines, appointments with myself have always been important hurdles to aim for.


I'm old-hand enough to know that it's useful to help make things happen so I've booked myself another slot for a display in the library 'shop window' for September 2011. I'll plan the exhibition to make more of the space and ensure the paintings on offer are the right size and style to appeal to buyers whilst ensuring I adhere to my artistic integrity and enjoy the doing.

I have several other ideas and plans up my sleeve and would love to join up with other people to exhibit in some unconventional and exceptional ways, so if you've any thoughts - get in touch! 

This year I want to further explore the abstract genre whilst hitting on the stunning beauty of Scotland's sunshine, sea and sky. Hmm, not much to expect then.

No comments: