Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Remember the post about 'Preparation' back in October? I told you I'd let you see the end results when I got the chance to use my prepared sheets of sugar paper. I've recently had the chance to do some fabulous life drawing and - although I'm still rusty after too many years' dormancy - I've been really enjoying having a free hand and experimenting with quick drawings interspersed with longer ones. Here are some of the results:




Woman Seated
That last one is my favourite (although it wasn't done last). It captures the essence of the woman, seated, and I used only five brush strokes to achieve it. I'm not entirely sure it's finished yet, as a picture, but I'm happy with the drips that have helped to 'ground' it.

There was a spotty, splashed piece of paper I used too, during a life drawing session, which is still on my easel and needs more work before 'the world' sees it.

I make no apology for being 'fast and loose' when it comes to this type of drawing!

1 comment:

Fran Hillman said...

I love the fast and loose too, Bern. The intensity and excitement are shown perfectly!