Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Thursday 9 December 2010

Current Exhibition

It seems mad but already my exhibition of work in the window at Stonehaven Library has been on display for a week and a half. It is due to be on show for the whole of December and passers-by can pop in to the library and buy one of the paintings on the spot. They don't have to wait for the exhibition to finish before they can take it home with them, so the paintings make ideal presents. "An original painting will tranform a room - a house!- and will be an investment," say the television experts.

Speaking of television, the local Scottish ITV station phoned me yesterday and asked me for some info to put on their 'local' website so I've sent them some and await its display. I'll show you a link when they've done it.

For those who can't walk past (without a 500+ mile journey...) here is a photo of how it looks, reflections and all. My friend Mary Milne helped me hang it and we had a good laugh at the difficulties but we weren't drunk, honest - it was just impossible to get the levels straight, even using velcro tabs.

Contact me if you'd like to buy one and can't get to the library! mrs.bern.ross@googlemail.com

1 comment:

Fran Hillman said...

It looks wonderful, Bern - very eye catching. x