Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Saturday 22 October 2011

Snood for Grace

This could be wishful thinking and the photos are only a rough guide too, but I'm hoping this piece of knitting will fit gracefully over my friend's beautiful greyhound dog, Grace, when she's out in the snow and cold wind. She'll be wearing her winter doggie coat but needs something to keep her ears warm, so hopefully I can sew a button on to the coat to hold this in place.

Not having a dog  nearby to model it, I used someone's leg to show how it'll bend to the right shape!
If this turns out to be OK, Ros, then hopefully the slightly bigger one that I'm working on, on the 15mm knitting needles with 8 yarns, will be about right for Henri... and then all they'll need is some very cold weather!

2 comments:

AffordableBritishArt said...

Oh WOW.....it looks fab, Bern....thank you.

Can;r wait to see it on her. Would you be able to do a third one for our foster-dog too, please.....he's only slightly bigger than Henri, so I think the same size should do.
Talk soon
Ros xx

Unknown said...

LOL… Yes I was expecting to – although I really want to try at least one of them on the dogs before I'm sure they'll be about right. x