Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Monday 10 October 2011

Extremely Knitted

My Extreme Knitting drew a lot of attention when I demonstrated it throughout my stewarding stints at Johnshaven Gallery for NEOS (North East Open Studios). I regretted the feeling that it took attention away from all my paintings on the walls but I was pleased to engage people's interest and let them have a go. Some were absolutely fascinated by it, others surprised me by being almost frightened; but everyone loved the colours and boldness, the warmth and heaviness of what I was creating.

Here's a photo of it - nearly finished - awaiting more tassles and some big buttons (and other finishing touches).


1 comment:

Fran Hillman said...

Ooh, that's lovely - so much texture.