Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Thursday 5 May 2011

Plans are coming together

For eight days in September, NEOS 2011, I shall be exhibiting paintings and who-knows-what-else at Johnshaven Gallery in Main Street, Johnshaven. I am very excited! It's a beautiful village where very many artists, potters, jewellers and sculptors live and they open up their studios especially for the event. I am most honoured to be invited to the jeweller Ranjit Barry's gallery to adorn her walls and create some additional interest.




The entry in the brochure will say, "Visit the recently renovated Johnshaven Gallery where resident glass artist and jewellery designer‚ Ranjit Barry‚ will be displaying her work in fused glass‚ semi-precious gemstones and crystals alongside the handcrafted cards of Leiana Henderson and Bern Ross‚ painter‚ author and textile artist. Bern is known for turning the ordinary into something extraordinary - who knows what may happen?"

As well as showing paintings this is giving me the opportunity of showing some of what I do in the way of Textile Art so ... watch this space for a few hints of what's to come!

2 comments:

Fran Hillman said...

What a wonderful invitation for freedom of creativity. "Rock on, Sister!" as they say.

Unknown said...

Thanks - I'll try! Time flies so fast but I'm intending to knuckle down and finish a few things over the next fortnight while Rod's walking coast-to-coast. Bit of space to experiment too!