Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Friday 13 May 2011

Log Book

I'm so busy at the mo. that putting photos on here and trying to put into words what I'm doing takes up too much time. It feels like wasted time to be on the computer a lot ...

Since the new year i.e. 1st January or thereabouts I've been keeping a note of all the stuff I create in this lovely little notebook.

As you can see, it's leather bound and hand-sized, and I keep it near the place I sit in the lounge along with my puppy-shaped pencil case. In any spare moment I jot down what I've been doing and it's proving to be a useful aide memoire as well as revealing how some paintings seem to be finished with a title and then become more complete with a new title a few days or weeks later.

The notebook was a small Christmas gift from a friend. It's better than a computer any time!

No comments: