Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Wednesday 7 October 2009

Pastels

I've been experimenting with pastels and, after an initial frustration with a small (A4) sheet of white paper, I took the bull by the horns and splashed out a small fortune on a pad of good 'pastel paper' in different shades, A3 size. This "Snowy Headland" was created on an indigo background.

1 comment:

Fran Hillman said...

I like this very much- full of drama and emotion. It takes me there with all sounds and smells and wind in my hair!

The right materials make such a difference don't they?