Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Experiment


Remember I told you about an experiment I was trying?
I'd seen a demo by a very experienced watercolour painter who was hailing the beauty of acrylics. I'd been aghast to watch her use exactly the same methods with this medium (acrylics) as for her usual watercolours! So I decided to try it myself. I painted some flower shapes on the white-primed canvas, with a (yellow-stained) rubber solution.

Then, when it was dry, I painted the background with an assortment of rich crimsons and cadmiums - this bit I enjoyed!


Then I rubbed away the rubber solution to reveal the flower shapes, but didn't like the three blobs below so began to put some marks where I felt there might be rocks ...

I didn't get much further than this when I decided it really wasn't 'me' and certainly wasn't the direction I
wanted my painting to take.



So this one is put down to experience and won't be visited again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: