Slow Down and Look

I am a full-time artist working at home in Stonehaven, N.E. Scotland: selling work as a painter, writer and maker both online and through local exhibitions.

I am trained but prefer to remain UNTAMED, Unframed, Unconstrained and Unconventional. Here you will see art in progress: you can buy my finished paintings etc through the gallery link on the right ~ Bern Ross

Wednesday 4 March 2009

'Fairytale' Dunnottar Castle


I feel a strong connection with Dunnottar Castle and this is important to me when it comes to creating a painting. My work comes mainly from observation, memory and the feeling I experience whilst there, although I’ll use reference photos and sketches as well. I walk on the coast often and the castle feels almost like ‘home’, being only a mile away.


I’ve painted Dunnottar a few times now but I really wanted to try a large canvas; and 24" x 32" (60cm x 80cms) is my biggest as yet. I also felt it time to edge closer to realism in the way of colour without trying to emulate a photograph.
This painting is going on display at the Inverbervie Art Show in the first week in April, i.e. 4th to 11th

No comments: